PORTIMÃO | PORTUGAL
The amazing Autódromo Internacional do Algarve or often simply referred to as either the Algarve Circuit or Portimão Circuit due to its location near the town of Portimão, is one of the top motorsport venues in sun-drenched Portugal costing a massive €195 million to build!
It was opened in 2008 with high hopes of attracting a Formula One Grand Prix however due to financial difficulties the original owners were unable to fulfil that ambition. Then the Coronavirus pandemic came along which offered an unexpected opportunity to host not only the Formula One Grand Prix but also the MotoGP too in both 2020 and 2021.
The circuit is described as a ‘Roller Coaster’ ride due to the rhythmic twists and turns that carry you from one side of the track to the other and only interrupted by the imposing start/finish straight; at just shy of a kilometre in length it is a great opportunity to twist the throttle to the max! This is a physically demanding circuit with excellent corners, blind crests and more than a few tricky cambers although the large run-offs offer some forgiveness just in case!
Portimão is a world class circuit in the Portuguese Algarve, with a challenging and technical layout and excellent facilities. The Circuit hosts both the Formula One Grand Prix and MotoGP too so we are pretty sure it is up to standards!
- Track Length : 4,684 meters
- Finish Line Straight Length : 969 meters
- Width of Track : 18 meters
- Number of Curves : Total 16 (9 right / 7 left)
- Maximum Slope/Incline : 6.2%
- Pit Boxes : 42
- Pit Services : All usual facilities
- Restaurant : 'The Five' Licensed Restaurant
- Amenities : Toilets, Showers
- Race Lap Record : 1:39.435 (Fabio Quartararo, Yamaha YZR-M1, 2022, MotoGP)
- Spectator Zone : Yes
- Track Requirements : Full zip together Leathers & ACU Gold Standard Helmet
- Track Telephone : +351 282 405 600
- Track Website : www.autodromodoalgarve.com
Want an adrenaline fueled rush - then click the video below but take our advice and find something to hold on tight to... here is Portimao!
What our customers say about Portimão...
Would like to thank all the guys at Pacedayz for the greatest weekend away at Portimão, this was my first track day and felt very relaxed around the great people on and off the track! The support from the event staff was spot on. I have even booked my next day with them. I would defiantly recommend. A+