You may have been riding bikes on the road for decades so you are more than skilled as a bike rider, however riding on a track is completely different to riding on a road and requires a new set of skills, techniques and methods to get it right.
Our Novice Group allows anyone to experience the thrill of riding on a race track without the pressure of being surrounded by more experienced circuit riders. If you have never taken part in a track day before, or maybe you have only have a limited amount of track day experience, we would recommend putting yourself into the Novice category... it is a great place to learn and acquire the skills needed for the track.
What we advise...
- Please… always ride within your capabilities, we want everyone to enjoy the day safely and leave with a smile on their face. We do not want to ship home a wrecked bike or worse!
- Learn a little bit in each session - don't push yourself too much and always stick within you limits.
- Get those tyres warmed up at the beginning of each session!
- Listen to your instructors! They are there to make sure you have the best time possible and are on hand to offer advice, feedback and answer your questions!
- Keep a steady, smooth rhythm on the track, look ahead and follow the line, avoid sharp movements and keep your wits about you at all times... above all be safe!
- Lift off... there is no shame in slowing down, you can always take the bend again!
- Do not push it... know how you and your bike feels... if something is not feeling right or if you are getting tired... STOP and take a break!